Ultimate magazine theme for WordPress.

Should I Get Legal Help If I Slipped and Fell and Got Injured?


If you have been injured in a slip-and-fall accident, you may be wondering if you should hire a lawyer. The best thing to do if you’ve been seriously injured or if you’ve lost a loved one is to hire an attorney who will help you take the next steps to secure your rights.

How can a lawyer help me with my case?

A slip and fall lawyer will accomplish the following tasks that are necessary to make your case as strong as it can be:

  • Interviewing witnesses to the accident who can corroborate that it happened as a result of someone’s negligence or carelessness
  • Identifying, collecting and preserving evidence of how the accident happened (e.g., video footage from security cameras and photos of the condition of the property at the time of your slip and fall). This will help determine what caused your fall, which is important for proving the liability of the property owner or manager.
  • Identifying the owner and manager and anyone else who has control over the property where you were injured in your slip and fall accident
  • Negotiating on your behalf with the insurance company as well as the property owner or manager to recover the best possible slip and fall settlement for pain and suffering compensation as well as medical expenses and lost wages in your case

Compensation for your pain and suffering

When property owners or managers allow dangerous, hazardous conditions to exist on their property which ultimately causes innocent people like you to suffer serious injuries from a slip and fall accident, they can be held legally liable to pay to compensate you for your pain and suffering.

Medical bills and lost wages

If you are seriously injured and you need extensive medical treatment including surgery and physical therapy, your medical bills are going to pile up fast. And if your injuries keep you from going back to work, you’re also going to be faced with losing the wages and income you and your family need to live on. An experienced lawyer will be able to help you get those bills paid and those lost wages reimbursed.


These are the issues that you should consider when deciding whether to hire a lawyer for your slip and fall injury. If you’re unsure about any of them or if you have questions, it’s best to consult with an attorney before making any decisions about your case.

Comments are closed.